Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS YOUR FEE?
Every wedding is unique, therefore Marriage Celebrant fees and expenses vary depending on things like how much support you wish to have (including pre-wedding meetings and rehearsals), and to what extent you wish for me to help design your personalised ceremony, plus travel times due to location etc. I am happy to discuss your requirements so feel free to contact my anytime at all.
WHAT DOES YOUR FEE AND SERVICES INCLUDE?
- An obligation free initial meeting
- Unlimited emails, phone calls and drafts
- I will arrive 60 minutes prior to your ceremony on the day to setup my PA, coordinate with photographers and musicians and meet & greet your guests
- A unique & magical ceremony
- All legal requirements prepared and lodged on your behalf
- Use of my professional PA system
- Suggestions of poems and vows to suit your personal messages to each other
- YOUR personalised Marriage Certificate
WHAT LOCATIONS DO YOU COVER?
I am happy to travel almost anywhere including Wollongong, Hunter Valley, Central & South Coast. I love driving and have a super reliable car. Travel is free up to 2 hours and thereafter I charge $75.00 per hour. Example: Travel from my home to Wollongong is 4 hours round-trip so 2 hours is free and the extra travel cost would be $150.00 in total.
WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO AS OUR WEDDING CELEBRANT?
Firstly we discuss what you have in mind (what you imagine to be the ‘perfect’ ceremony), so I can offer suggestions or ideas tailored to your needs. I explain the must-have (legal) elements of the ceremony and all your personalised inclusions. I also manage all the legal paperwork in advance and then on your wedding day, I legally solemnise your marriage
WHAT ARE THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS?
At least one calendar month prior to your ceremony, we will together have three (3) steps to undertake:
- Complete the ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ document
- As your Marriage Celebrant I must personally sight two (2) pieces of identification. The first being a) Valid Passport/s or, b) Original Birth Certificate/s, plus your current Driver’s Licenses.
- You will also be asked to sign a Declaration (I supply the document) stating that there is no legal reason why you should not marry.
*Please note, If either of you have had previous marriages, I must also sight an original Decree Nisi (of the Divorce) or if applicable, the Death Certificate of the previous spouse.
DO WE NEED WITNESSES?
Yes, you need to nominate two witnesses who are 18 years old or above who will sign your Marriage Register and Certificates during the ceremony. This is a lovely role to give to friends or family members to involve them in your ceremony. They do not need to show me any identification and they do not need to be Australian citizens
DO YOU CONDUCT SAME SEX WEDDINGS?
Oh yes I love conducting same sex weddings! I celebrated with the whole country when marriage equality was formalised in Australia and it gives me great pride when chosen by couples to officiate their wedding.
CAN WE USE YOUR PA SYSTEM FOR OUR CEREMONY MUSIC?
Yes, of course you can. I suggest you select three songs: one to walk down the aisle to, one for when we pause to sign the legal paperwork and a third uplifting song to walk back down the aisle at the end of the ceremony. You just need to invite a friend to upload your songs onto a classic iPod or a similar device and stand by and press play and stop. I have the leads to connect to my powerful PA system and your music will sound amazing!
HOW LONG SHOULD OUR CEREMONY LAST?
It depends on the content of your ceremony, however, I would allow 30 minutes in total.
CAN WE WRITE OUR OWN VOWS?
Yes, of course you can and it is magical if you do. However, if you need a little help, it would be my absolute pleasure to assist you. It’s actually one of my favourite things about being a celebrant!. Just so you are aware, in addition to your own personal vows, there are also legal vows which you have to say. I will tell you more about those when we meet and guide you on the day, if required.
WHAT WILL YOU WEAR?
I will dress appropriately to ensure that I compliment the bridal party and reflect your dress code.